Copenhagen Open is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2022, and we are looking forward to welcome everyone on June 11-12.
Copenhagen Open is arranged again this year only 2 weeks before the weekend that European Athletics and World Athletics has reserved for national championships, including the Danish Championships, so we hope that many athletes will use the opportunity to get an optimal preparation for their national championships. We will do what we can to create a really good environment for everyone.
Copenhagen Open is a meeting for both club and elite athletes, and that is background for why we have Denmark's widest selection of events, so there is plenty of opportunity for all athletes to participate. We are looking forward to be seeing a stadium full of life, happy people and lots of athletics!
- 180 different events for both youth an adult athletes, find more information in the invitation
- Registration no later than monday 30th May by using special Excel registration sheet. Only one registration per club. Starting fee is 70 DKK per event for youth 8-15 years of age, and 90 DKK per event for 16 years of age and older. Late registration is possible against a double fee.
- Accomodation: There will be several possibilities from low-budget accommodation at the school opposite the stadium to hostels, campsites and hotels.
- It is possible to buy various food and beverages in Café CphOpen at the 100m start. You can order breakfast, lunch and dinner in connection with the registration.
- SB will determine the seeding, and we will accept last SB correction documentations received by Thursday 9th June 6.00 PM.
- There will be special anniversary medals for top-6 in all event up to 11 years of age, and for top-3 from 12 years of age and older.
- Final Timeschedule for Saturday and Sunday are no ready. The timetable is now ready and can be found on the website. We have worked to make it coherent, so there is prime time for the youngest athletes early in the day and similarly for the older athletes in the afternoon. We have strived for app. 60 minutes between preliminar runs at the 100m and the finals, unlucky coincidences between related events, and at the same time also tried to take consederation for athletes who have several events. But completely avoiding this is really difficult with a program that is actually a merger of both National Championships for both young athletes and adults.
- More specific competition info will be announces in the week leading up to the meeting.
- Participants list will be updated as we recieve registration. Starting lists and results vil be published LIVE durig the meeting. All inf can be found at iMars.
- More info can be obtained by contacting Michael Bruun Jepsen by email eller mobil +45 2729 2519.
- The sport streaming company, Sports Productions, has decidede to sponsor some prizes at 500 DKR to the winners of the womens 100m and 100m hurdles, 100m oand 200m for men and hammer throw and discus throw for women. THere will also be a speciel youth and senior prize at 1.000 DKR presented Sunday afternoon. Thank you to Sports Production for their support.
- The timeschedule for the weekend is now ready, and can be found further up.
- World Athletics has been upgrading Copenhagen Open, so it is now the highest ranked club meeting in Denmark as a World Athletics Category E-label meeting. This means that in all senior events bonus points can be collected for the World Ranking List, which forms the basis for qualification to the European Championships in Munich and the World Championships in Oregon. Top-6 can earn 25-21-18-15-12-10 bonus points for the WRL.
- Danish National Sprint/Hurdles coach Mikkel Larsen recommends the Danish sprinters to participate in Copenhagen Open as preparation for the Danish Championships in Aalborg 2 weeks after the CphOpen. With more than 50 participants M/W in both 100 and 200m in 2021, and a tradition for super fast sprint times in Hvidovre, we hope for great participation and lots of exciting races.